2.27.2011

GUESS WHAT?????



I SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yep... you heard me. Devon and I have been dating for quite a while now and he proposed to me on Feb. 1st and I said yes :) :) I have never been happier in my life! So I figured I would share our story with all of you.

Devon and I met last March out dancing. I first saw Devon on the dance floor and something about him caught my eye and I knew right then and there that there was something there. Being that I had recently gotten divorced... I was trying to steer clear of men for a while. And Devon too had just gotten out of a bad relationship and thought all beautiful women were "evil" :) So needless to say (according to him)... that's why he avoided me all night. He danced with everyone BUT me that night. He was a friend of my girlfriend Tricia and she went to say goodnight to him at the end of the night. And that's when I walked over and said to him," What? You too good to ask me to dance?" So we danced and called it a night.

The next morning I had received a message from Devon on FB asking me out for coffee. Being that he wasn't a member of the church... I kindly told him that I don't drink coffee and that I wasn't looking for a relationship but that he is more than welcome to come to Movie Night that I hosted every week at my house. So he nervously came and ended us staying til 4 in the morning chatting with me :)

Long story short.... I felt the need to continue to date around and not settle down with anyone. I needed to see what was out there and find what was best for me. Sweet Devon sat back and played the "friend" role as I went on date after date with different guys. All the while... he would tell me how beautiful I looked as I left on these dates. During all this time, I had received a new calling at church.... Gospel Doctrine Teacher. Scare me to death! Devon had been very set in his way that he had no desire to know much about Mormons but I took a chance anyways and invited him to come listen to me teach my first Sunday. So he willingly did... later reveling that it wouldn't have looked good on his "resume" to not come support me :) That Sunday, everything Devon needed to hear in his life... he heard! With tears streaming down his face... he KNEW that he needed to learn more. Without me knowing... he met with the missionaries for WEEKS. And came to me one day and told me he wanted to be baptized. I was shocked! Being leary as to his intentions as to why he was being baptized... I struggled with his choice. But after many talks with my mother... I came to realize that Devon's choices were his own and I needed to support him the same way that he has constantly been supporting me. So on August 14th, Devon got baptized :)

Now let's jump forward to the afternoon of Feb. 1st. I had a nail appointment in the afternoon and Devon text me and asked me if we could go for a drive later. I agreed and he took me up to Look out Point on the way up to Virginia City. ( Months before this he and I had gone up there and had an AMAZING day. It was a pretty special memory for us. ) And as it was completely FREEZING.... he told me to take off my gloves and to close my eyes. I did so and when I opened my eyes... he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said, "YES! Ten times over!!!" We kissed and he said, "I would cry but my tears would freeze." It was too cute! So very simple yet so sweet. It was perfect!!!

We later went home and asked the girls how they would feel if mommy was to marry Devon. They got SOOOOO excited! They absolutely ADORE him and the feelings are mutual. I truly never thought I would find someone who would love me AND would love my girls like their own. You would NEVER be able to tell that these girls were not his. The connection and bond that they share brings me to tears. I truly believe that the Lord has blessed me in ways I NEVER thought possible by putting Devon in our lives! We are SOOOO excited to start our new life together and all that it brings. I am sooo grateful for all in my life who have supported me on this long, hard road that I was on and in sharing our joy and excitement for the future. I truly am soooo happy and I absolutely LOVE my life!!!!

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Sounds like a great match!